Chief Information Officer at New Zealand Qualifications Authority
An internationally experienced executive and leader with a unique blend of skills and experience gained through working with some of the world's leading organisations.
Relocated to New Zealand in 2002 and have been fortunate enough to work with some great organisations across New Zealand & Australia since then.
One of these days I will get around to properly updating my LinkedIn profile.
Key Skills & Experience:
- Extensive Business & IT management experience, including managing vendors, outsourcing and insourcing, as well as an excellent understanding of IT governance practices, project management and development lifecycles.
- A wide range of financial expertise, from understanding the ROI on technology investments to developing multi-year expenditure plans in highly regulated industries.
- Team leadership skills, adept at surrounding myself with the right mix smart people and enabling each of them to grow to their full potential.
- Exposure to external customers in competitive markets across a range of geographies and cultures.
- Proven track record of innovation in a range of different industries.
- Extensive consulting experience; familiar with a variety of business environments and with exposure to a wide range of technologies & vendors.
- Experience running a P&L in a number of different industries and geographies.
- Globally experienced with a deep understanding of business and IT gained by spending time in different geographies and industries with some world leading organisations.
- Management of the talent supply chain, including traditional talent management as well as working with universities & tertiary education providers on graduate programmes.
- Leadership of a non-IT functions, heading up business transformation & innovation functions in the telecommunications, banking and utilities sectors.